The Banqer

Just some rants, musings and other irrelevent items writen by me. Enjoy a voyeuristic peek into my life.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Appreciation...

Okay... so I've been at the same place of work for 6 months now and I have put up with tons of shit. I have been my own manager, ran the satellite branch more or less on my own, I've more or less fended for myself since I started there. So anyways, last week our performance reviews, which includes a pay review, was completed by my old manager (the new one is just taking over now) and submitted for approval by our area manager. So my area manager phones me today apologizing for how things have been lately. Then later in the day I get a hold of my old manager to talk about the performance review, since I had heard he had already talked to almost everyone else about theirs. Right off the bat he informs me that I won't be receiving a pay increase. The reason be that I am still, in his opinion, "learning" and that he had a small budget for pay increases and there were others that were priorities before me. I told him that it was unacceptable that I wouldn't be receiving a pay increase. To which he replied that once I finished the banks lending course that they would do an out of cycle performance review. Now to the uninformed individual on my areas current situation this would sound fine; however, this is not the case. I know of a few people who have been with the bank for OVER a year and are STILL waiting to go on their lending course. I told my old manager that basing my pay on the fact that I didn't have my lending course was unfair, since if it was up to me I would have the course already. It isn't my fault that things have gone on with management changes to fuck me over in receiving the guidance and support that I need to fulfill my role.

When I got off the phone I was furious. I was told that all the extra hours I put in and hard work, having the run the branch myself, wouldn't go unnoticed. Well it sure looks like it was swept under the rug to me. Granted, I knew I wouldn't be getting a huge pay increase... but to toss me NOTHING, that is a gigantic slap in the face. Even if it was 1%, I still wouldn't have been happy... but I wouldn't be as enraged as I am now. My next actions are to set a meeting with my area manager to discuss how inappropriate and unacceptable my remuneration is. Along with this, I will most certainly be handing out my resume and hopefully something less stressful and more generous in pay will come up.

Right now I have a feeling that can be best portrayed by this post.

And my mood...


One pissed kitty cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home