The Banqer

Just some rants, musings and other irrelevent items writen by me. Enjoy a voyeuristic peek into my life.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Missing something...

When I was done going into work at 8:30am this morning, on my day off, worked for 2 hours, had a nap and then had a job interview. Anyways... when I was finally done my set out tasks for the day I felt like something was missing. It took me at least an hour to figure out what it was. At first I thought that it might be that my friend Dave had moved. That wasn't it though, even though I am upset that he has moved away. I sensed that my loss had something to do with me not having someone that I could just phone up and hang out with... and I mean hang out in the raw sense of the word; Drive around, shoot the shit, enjoy each others company. There was really only one person that I did that with. Unfortunately, those exclusive rights belonged to my ex-boyfriend.

Of course the question should be, "What would have set these feelings off?"... our human brains are remarkable pieces of work. How neurons are meshed together and one can set off the other, it is largely a mystery to medical science. Anyway, what set me off was driving down 50th street, almost right between the whitemude and the yellowhead. A person that I loved, was with for a short period of time, lived around there. I remember picking him up from there and hanging out with him. Once, we watched the planes land at the municipal airport, right at that little rest stop on 121st street. We fell asleep cuddling that night. Sadly, he was killed in May of 2004. So anyway being reminded of him reminded me of my past relationship which made me feel a sense of loss of companionship. Strange how things work, eh?

I think that's all for now... but I might post more... who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home